Monday, October 17, 2005

(re-run) The Land of Exile

I originally sent this email on 21 February 2003 (somehow I got these out of order.)

Well, ladies and gentlemen, life has been absolutely insane the last few days. I would love to write about it all...but I do not have the time. The "insurgents" have really been active this last week and we have been running patrols of Husabah almost non-stop. I had two very close calls with disaster this week. All our sources in the town say there is a big attack being planned on the border checkpoint, and guess whose troop is taking over the checkpoint tomorrow. Your prayers would be appreciated. This is our last mission until the Marines take over, and frankly we are very vulnerable because we have alread sent home most of our equipment. It is going to be hard to keep my soldiers alert and wary when all they can think about is going home. Not to mention this would be a horrible time to lose any soldiers.

Much more...later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home