Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Time to breath

Well, this last month was incredibly busy. For much of it I was doing the work of three men. Fortunately, we have received replacements so we can now accomplish all of our requisite nonsense at a more metered pace. For me this also means I got to have my first day- off in two months. In true Army fashion I spent most of it cleaning and ironing things. Of course, when you work 12 hour shifts for a month strait two significant things happen: one you do not fell like doing much else than sleeping when you are off and two the last thing you want to do is clean.

This also marks a very significant post as I am posting this from my room. We have finally established a steady wireless connection in the barracks. Hence, there should be more updates and more thoughts on a regular basis...for all the nobody that read this.

One thing I do want to talk about is a book that I just got done reading lately. It was written around the 1920s by Rene Daumal called A Night of Serious Drinking. The title alone draws you to it. The book is a work of delicious fiction that has hidden within some powerful social commentary.

Also I would recommend the new David Gray CD. I am already completely hooked on every track in it. It is a euphoric yet laced with a dark side. I cannot stop playing it.

More to come in the future. So hang on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home