Human Attraction
Isn't love funny? The whole idea of attraction is uniquely human when you think about. Then what happens when mutual attraction is present, but the two cannot communicate? It seems like a paradox.
From personal experience, it always seems to me that you love the one that does not love you or the one that you do not love is after you. This is something that has been acknowledged for centuries, and I do not feel like wating a lot of time musing about it.
Instead, I have been thinking about a situation I mentioned at the beginning...where there is attraction but no "love". I personally have expereinced this once, and it makes you feel like such an absolute retard. I liked her and still do, and I know she liked and maybe she still does. However, no matter how hard we tried we could not communicate. We never fought, but little facts would always get confused and create a constant rifts. Once we saw eye to eye again we would both laugh about it and set out to heal the rift. Over and over and over again.
Eventually, despite best our best intentions we kept hurting each other unintentionally. It got old. Neither of us were happy. In the end, we both walked away for reasons neither of us could understand because we both still liked each other. We just could not do it anymore.
It feels so inadequate. I could find nothing wrong with her, but I just could not be with her. The sitaution was too exhausting. It made me feel like a social retard...or at least abnormal on some level. You can like everything about someone else and they reciprocate, but the two of you can never seem to get on the same sheet of music. Causing you to leave someone you still like/love. There is never any resolution...it is all counter intuitive to the American Hollywood Standard of Romance.
After several years of pondering this experience, I have come to no conclusions. I would say I have learned this though. Attraction and common experience may be the foundations of human romance, but they are not deciding factors. There are certain people we "fit" and they "fit" us. Fortunately, for the vast majority of the time these people are usually the ones we are attracted too (simply for the survival of the species). However, in many cases I have seen people deny this tenet of human bonding because they want to be in love with the other person so badly. As a rsult, they are constantly working it out, possibly fighting, or in discord...for reason sneither of them understand.
Just my thoughts. Now if only I could figure out what the dimension is or what to call it. Maybe it is our astrological signthat causes this? Or maybe not.
From personal experience, it always seems to me that you love the one that does not love you or the one that you do not love is after you. This is something that has been acknowledged for centuries, and I do not feel like wating a lot of time musing about it.
Instead, I have been thinking about a situation I mentioned at the beginning...where there is attraction but no "love". I personally have expereinced this once, and it makes you feel like such an absolute retard. I liked her and still do, and I know she liked and maybe she still does. However, no matter how hard we tried we could not communicate. We never fought, but little facts would always get confused and create a constant rifts. Once we saw eye to eye again we would both laugh about it and set out to heal the rift. Over and over and over again.
Eventually, despite best our best intentions we kept hurting each other unintentionally. It got old. Neither of us were happy. In the end, we both walked away for reasons neither of us could understand because we both still liked each other. We just could not do it anymore.
It feels so inadequate. I could find nothing wrong with her, but I just could not be with her. The sitaution was too exhausting. It made me feel like a social retard...or at least abnormal on some level. You can like everything about someone else and they reciprocate, but the two of you can never seem to get on the same sheet of music. Causing you to leave someone you still like/love. There is never any resolution...it is all counter intuitive to the American Hollywood Standard of Romance.
After several years of pondering this experience, I have come to no conclusions. I would say I have learned this though. Attraction and common experience may be the foundations of human romance, but they are not deciding factors. There are certain people we "fit" and they "fit" us. Fortunately, for the vast majority of the time these people are usually the ones we are attracted too (simply for the survival of the species). However, in many cases I have seen people deny this tenet of human bonding because they want to be in love with the other person so badly. As a rsult, they are constantly working it out, possibly fighting, or in discord...for reason sneither of them understand.
Just my thoughts. Now if only I could figure out what the dimension is or what to call it. Maybe it is our astrological signthat causes this? Or maybe not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home